The multimedia page will include a variety of Society items of special interest, including photos from Society events and other items. All video clips from various WSNY programs are now available on the WSNY YouTube Channel. This has several advantages: 1) better video quality; 2) longer length possibility; 3) wider audience and search capability, using search tags; 4) broad marketing possibilities.
WSNY Audio Clips with photos
· Conversation between Peter Conrad, author and cultural critic, and Fred Cohn, writer and reviewer on opera topics: "The Greatest of the Monsters?" Wagner Society of New York program, January 28, 2015. Click here to listen to the complete lecture
· Nina Stemme, soprano, and Mark Delavan, baritone: May 22, 2012 interview; Margaret Juntwait, host. Click here to listen to the complete interview.
· Jeffrey Swann lecture "The Music of Götterdämmerung : Finding an End and Closing the Circle," May 3, 2012. Click here to listen to the complete lecture. This lecture will also be available as a CD in the WSNY Catalogue.
WSNY Video Clips
View our video clips, on the WSNY YouTube Channel
O'Neill, international heldentenor: Conversation and performance of several
Wagner excerpts, accompanying himself on the piano. Interviewer: Scott Carlton.
Wagner Society of New York program, March 19, 2014
· Donald Palumbo, Chorus Master of the Metropolitan Opera, presents a talk: "The Opera Chorus - From Score to Stage" at the Wagner Society of New York's Die Meistersinger Seminar, December 7, 2014; Robert J. Sweeney, moderator
· MetCast Roundtable at Die Meistersinger Seminar, Dec. 7, 2014 (Wagner Society of New York). Participants James Morris (Hans Sachs), Annette Dasch (Eva), and Johan Botha (Walther von Stolzing); Robert J. Sweeney, moderator
· Maestro Asher Fisch, March 6, 2013 (two clips), on the Seattle Ring and Wagner's use of leitmotifs
· Maestro David Angus, March 18, 2013, on the Boston Lyric Operaproduction of Der fliegende Holländer
· Jonas Kaufmann: Interview, December 7, 2011. Video clips; Ken Benson, host
· WSNY's February 5, 2012, Götterdämmerung Seminar, including:
Hilan Warshaw, from his talk "Apocalyptic Visions: Götterdämmerung and Science Fiction"
Wendy Bryn Harmer (Gutrune): Met Cast Roundtable
Jay Hunter Morris (Siegfried): Met Cast Roundtable
Iain Paterson (Gunther): Met Cast Roundtable
· Jeffrey Swann Listz Recital November 14, 2011
· Die Walküre Seminar, May 1, 2011; Met Cast Roundtable Discussion (Marjorie ElinorDix, soprano, and Stuart Skelton, tenor); and Jeffrey Swann, Prof. Edward R.Haymes, and Hilan Warshaw, lecturers.
· Waltraud Meier: An Interview and Receptionin Her Honor, April 8, 2011
· Robert Lepage: "Conversation withRobert Lepage," September 15, 2010; clips from his discussion of his approach to the Met's Ring Cycle.
· Der fliegende Holländer: Seminar April 25, 2010; Met Cast Roundtable Discussion, conductor Maestro Kazushi Ono,and Saul Lilienstein.
· Placido Domingo: A Tribute to Placido Domingo, February 3, 2010; view interview clips from the multimedia program.
· Meagan Miller, soprano, and William Hobbs, piano, January 9, 2010; view a clip from the Holiday Musicale program that they presented.
We will post video clips from our programs as feasible, legally permissible and approved by the speakers. Visitors to the WSNY YouTube Channel can also view other, Wagner-related videos on other YouTube Channels. Videos posted on the WSNY YouTube Channel can also be found using Google, other external search engines, or by directly searching on the YouTube website, using tags associated with the videos (any of presenter name, event title, date, and etceteras)
Wagner Society of New York
P.O. Box 230949, Ansonia Station
York, NY 10023-0949
Phone: (212) 749-4561; Fax: (212) 749-1542
Press inquiries: 212 749-4561