Welcome to the Wagner Society of New York
information about the Society (the largest in this continent, established in
1977), upcoming events, membership, excerpts from our bimonthly
publication Wagner Notes, our extensive catalogue of Wagner-related
books (with member discounts), and links to many other Wagner organizations and
institutions, please click on the buttons. An online membership form is also
Metropolitan Opera next season: Tristan und Isolde opens the season on Sept. 26. WSNY's Tristan Seminar: Sunday, Oct. 9.
Bayreuth Online Sales:
Internet sale for the 2016 Festival began Jan. 31. Go to http://ticket.btfs.de. Also, see the link to WSNY Bayreuth policies in top paragraph.
Just announced: Bayreuth Lecture Series by John J. H. Muller, Aug. 20-26, 2016. Please click here for full information.
MEMBERSHIP: Join or renew now and obtain member benefits. Membership year: Sept. 2015–Aug. 2016. New memberships are valid through Aug. 2017. Click here or go to the membership button.
• May 5 (Thurs.), evening. Event in honor of Waltraud Meier (Klytämnestra in Elektra). By invitation only to WSNY special contributors.
• May 15 (Sun.), 7:30 p.m. Adelphi Orchestra: Wagner Masterworks: All-Wagner concert. Tristan: Prelude & Liebestod; Die Walküre, Act I. Karen Foster, soprano; Erik Nelson Werner, tenor; Steven Fredericks, bass; Richard Owen, conductor. At DiMenna Center, 450 W. 37th St., NYC. Co-sponsored by WSNY; discounted tickets for everyone. Please click here for WSNY flyer and form for WSNY members and friends. Click here for the secure online form. All are welcome for this special event. Please join us.
• May 17-22 WNO Ring, 3rd cycle: (WSNY group sale). Details of special events and May 16th dinner cruise: given in the following link: http://www.kennedy-center.org/festivals/ring/. Also note: We have a short list of members who want to BUY or SELL single tickets for this cycle. You can email to email@example.com and your request will be forwarded.
Also note the
following major events:
• The Morgan Library & Museum: Jan. 29 - April 17, 2016. Their exhibition "Wagner's Ring: Forging an Epic" explores the Ring premieres in Bayreuth and New York. For full details, click the link here or go to themorgan.org . For upcoming Ring-related events at the Morgan, go to Events page.
• Budapest Ring (June 17-20): WSNY has a few tickets remaining for this highly praised production. For details, email us asap @ firstname.lastname@example.org. A $100 deposit (refundable) is required with current membership.
live stream and live --
• TyrolerFestspiele Erl, Switzerland: Tickets available for 4-Day Ring -- July 14, 15, 16, and 17. The Wagner Society of Northern California (WSNC) has a member with 3 sets of excellent orchestra seats for sale for the Tyroler Festspiele Erl - Switzerland, cond. Gustav Kuhn. Performances take place in the Passionsspielhaus Erl. Full information: http://www.tiroler-festspiele.at/en/summer/tyrolean-festival-erl/philosophy/ Cost per set: $500; Row 14 Seat 54, Row 14 Seat 53, and Row 14 Seat 45. The member who attended last year found this to be a highly satisfying Ring, but his family party is unable to attend this year. Please contact WagnerSocNC@gmail.com if interested.
• Die Meistersinger at The Glyndebourne Festival: Tickets are available for some performances: May 25, June 2, June 7, June 15, June 23, and June 27. Ticket prices: £250, £285 and £300. A revival of the acclaimed 2011McVicar production. Conductor (just announced): Michael Güttler. https://tickets.glyndebourne.com/production/7992 For cast and other details: http://www.glyndebourne.com/tickets-and-whats-on/events/2016/f16meistersinger/
Watch this space for additional upcoming events!
New WSNY YouTubes are now
• Recital byFelicia Moore and Craig Ketter, Jan. 3, 2016.
• Tannhäuser Seminar: "Backstage" with Sylvia Nolan (Met Costume Dept.) and Ira Lieberman (Met violinist, retired).
Wagner in the U.S. and Canada: 2016-2017
Click here for a comprehensive list of performances (and performers, if known) of Wagner operas on these shores. The list will be updated as new information is received. You don't have to go abroad to hear and see great performances.
Review of the Met's Tannhäuser, published in Wagner Notes (Dec. issue) with photos: click here.
Wagner Society of New York
P.O. Box 230949, Ansonia Station
York, NY 10023-0949
Phone: (212) 749-4561; Fax: (212) 749-1542
Press inquiries: 212 749-4561
You are visitor: