Welcome to the Wagner Society of New York
information about the Society (the largest in this continent, established in
1977), upcoming events, membership, excerpts from our bimonthly
publication Wagner Notes, our extensive catalogue of Wagner-related
books (with member discounts), and links to many other Wagner organizations and
institutions, please click on the buttons. An online membership form is also
Bayreuth Online Sales:
Internet sale for the 2016 Festival began Jan. 31. Go to http://ticket.btfs.de. Also, see the link to WSNY Bayreuth policies in top paragraph.
MEMBERSHIP: Join or renew now and obtain member benefits. Membership year: Sept. 2015–Aug. 2016. Click here or go to the membership button..
• The Morgan Library & Museum: Jan. 29 - April 17, 2016. Their exhibition entitled "Wagner's Ring: Forging an Epic" explores the Ring premieres in Bayreuth and New York. For full details, click the link here or go to themorgan.org . For upcoming Ring-related events at the Morgan, go to Events page.
• March 6 (Sun.), 7:00 p.m. Jon Vickers Celebration. “Giant: A Tribute to Jon Vickers.” Met Opera Guild presentation: $55. WSNY member discount: $45. Tickets: call 212-769-7009 and use the code "Wag1." At Gerald W. Lynch Theater, John Jay College, 524 W. 59th St., NYC
• March 20 (Sun.), 3;00 p.m. Masterclass with Adrianne Pieczonka (Chrysothemis in Elektra) and outstanding WSNY grantees. Liederkranz Foundation, 6 East 87th St., NYC. Details to come.
• April 3 (Sun.), afternoon. “Wagner in Hungary,” an exciting multi-media program. Details to come.
• April 8 (Fri.), 7:30 p.m. Lecture by Erica Miner: “21 Years at the Met: How I Learned to Love the Ring.” The Liederkranz. Details to come.
• May 5 (Thurs.), evening. Event in honor of Waltraud Meier (Klytämnestra in Elektra). Details to come.
• WNO Ring. 3rd cycle: May 17–22. Ticketholders for WSNY group sale will be advised re delivery, with details of special events and May 16th dinner cruise. Go to http://www.kennedy-center.org/Festivals/ring/RingCalendarPage.aspx#anchorlink
• Budapest Ring (June 17-20): WSNY has a few tickets remaining for this highly praised production. If interested, email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org. A $100 deposit (refundable) is required with current membership.
Watch this space for additional upcoming events!
Wagner in the U.S. and Canada: 2015-2016
Click here for a comprehensive list of performances (and performers, if known) of Wagner operas on these shores. The list will be updated as new information is received. You don't have to go abroad to hear and see great performances.
Review of the Met's Tannhäuser, published in Wagner Notes (Dec. issue) with photos: click here.
Wagner Society of New York
P.O. Box 230949, Ansonia Station
York, NY 10023-0949
Phone: (212) 749-4561; Fax: (212) 749-1542
Press inquiries: 212 749-4561
You are visitor: