Welcome to the Wagner Society of New York
To view information about the Society (the largest in this continent,
established in 1977, 40th anniversary this year!), upcoming events, membership,
excerpts from our bimonthly publication Wagner Notes, our extensive
catalogue of Wagner-related books (with member discounts), and links to many
other Wagner organizations and institutions, please click on the buttons. An
online membership form is also available.
MEMBERSHIP: Join or renew now and obtain many member benefits, including opportunities for group sales. Membership year: Sept. 2017–Aug. 2018. New membership received after March 1, 2018, is valid through August 2019. Click here or go to the membership button. SPECIAL SEMINAR OFFER: If you join when registering for the Feb. 18th Parsifal Seminar, your membership will be extended to August 2019.
• Past and memorable: The Feb. 18th Parsifal Seminar was appreciated by at least 200 attendees, with outstanding speakers: Professors Kinderman, Syer, Kay and Swann: all Ph.D.s and professors, with excellent visuals and insights. Jeffrey Swann's concluding presentation was a terrific finale--excerpts played on the piano with his usual brilliance, combined with explanations, tying everything together. And the Met Cast Roundtable, which included Evelyn Herlitzius (Kundry), Peter Mattei (Amfortas), and Evgeny Nikitin (Klingsor) was outstanding. Plus books, scores, DVDs, CDs, Ring scarves, Bayreuth umbrellas, etc. The Seminar was dedicated to the memory of our long time member Craig Knobles. See photos on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
• March 18 (Sun.), 2:00 pm matinee. Paul Taylor American ModernDance - "Roses" set to "Siegfried Idyll' and two other dances. At Koch Theater, Lincoln Center. For further information, click here
• March 21 (Wed.), 7:30pm. Thomas S. Grey, Professor of Musicology, Stanford University: “The Ring as Eco-Parable.” At the Liederkranz, 6 East 87th St., NYC. For further information, click here
• 2017 Awards and Grants to Eight Young Singers Announced - click on Singers Awards
• Wagner in the U.S. and Canada: 2017-2018 Updated 10/1/17
Click here for a comprehensive list of performances, performers, and creative team (if known) of Wagner operas on these shores. The list will be updated as new information is received. You don't have to go abroad to hear and see great performances.
Wagner Society of New York
P.O. Box 230949, Ansonia Station
York, NY 10023-0949
Phone: (212) 749-4561; Fax: (212) 749-1542
Press inquiries: 212 749-4561
You are visitor: